Cannot increase connection limit?

От Bradley Kieser
Тема Cannot increase connection limit?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I have been struggling with my Posgres installation. I frequently get

         connection limit exceeded for non-superusers

errors. I have checked the process count and it seems to be a limit of 100 connections.

However, I have already set

  max_connections = 250

in my postgresql.conf and restarted the server.

I have checked pg_authid  and the rolconnlimit value is set to -1 for all users, so should have no limits.

So this seems to be some sort of limit overriding my max_connections settings.

I am running on RH EL5 and have PG 8.3.8

Can someone please point me in the right direction here?

a) Is there some way of getting the LIVE max_connections setting from the server? I.e. So that I can check if the
runningserver has max_connections set to 100 when I am expecting it to be 250?
b) Are there any other places that  max_connections can be set other than the conf file? I.e. where else should I look
forthis to be set?
c) Are there any situations where PG will ignore my max_connections setting and will just override it with the default
100?

Thanks,

Brad