Re: Cannot increase connection limit?

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Cannot increase connection limit?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le mercredi 9 décembre 2009 à 12:14:25, Bradley Kieser a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have been struggling with my Posgres installation. I frequently get
>
>          connection limit exceeded for non-superusers
>
> errors. I have checked the process count and it seems to be a limit of 100
>  connections.
>
> However, I have already set
>
>   max_connections = 250
>
> in my postgresql.conf and restarted the server.
>
> I have checked pg_authid  and the rolconnlimit value is set to -1 for all
>  users, so should have no limits.
>
> So this seems to be some sort of limit overriding my max_connections
>  settings.
>
> I am running on RH EL5 and have PG 8.3.8
>
> Can someone please point me in the right direction here?
>
> a) Is there some way of getting the LIVE max_connections setting from the
>  server? I.e. So that I can check if the running server has max_connections
>  set to 100 when I am expecting it to be 250?

SHOW max_connections;

or

SELECT setting FROM pg_settings WHERE name='max_connections';

>  b) Are there any other places
>  that  max_connections can be set other than the conf file? I.e. where else
>  should I look for this to be set?

No. But be sure that you don't set it twice or more in the config file. Be
sure you look at the good one (SHOW config_file; will tell you which one it
is). Be sure you don't include other config file with the include clause.

>  c) Are there any situations where PG
>  will ignore my max_connections setting and will just override it with the
>  default 100?

No.

--
Guillaume.