Re: upgrade from 8.1.11 to 8.1.18

От Lewis Kapell
Тема Re: upgrade from 8.1.11 to 8.1.18
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Indexes are created as B-tree type unless you explicitly call for
another type when creating the index.  I get the impression that other
index types are not commonly used in most applications.

If you look at the index definition using, say, psql from the command
line, or a graphical tool like pgAdmin, look for the keyword 'btree'
after the index name but before the list of indexed columns.  If all
your indexes have that, then you don't have any GiST or hash indexes.

In psql, type:

\d mytablename

to see the table definition, this will show the indexes on that table also.

If your database has a lot of tables/indexes such that it would take you
too long to inspect each one, then I don't know what you could do.
Maybe some of the more experienced folks on the list could suggest
something.

Lewis Kapell
Computer Operations
Seton Home Study School