Re: pg_dump exists without any message when running from windows task scheduler

От Chris
Тема Re: pg_dump exists without any message when running from windows task scheduler
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrus wrote:
> In some servers 8.4 pg_dump exits without any message if running from
> Task Scheduler.
>
> To explore this, I created scheduler task containing line
>
> cmd
>
> After that I can type manually commands:
>
> C:\MyApp\pg_dump>dir /w
> ..
> [.]              [..]             comerr32.dll
> gssapi32.dll     k5sprt32.dll     krb5_32.dll      libeay32.dll
> libiconv-2.dll   libintl-8.dll    libpq.dll        msvcp71.dll
> pg_dump.exe      pg_dumpall.exe   pg_restore.exe   ssleay32.dll
> zlib1.dll
>
> C:\MyApp\pg_dump>pg_dump
>
> C:\MyApp\pg_dump>pg_restore
>
> C:\MyApp\pg_dump>pg_dumpall
>
> As shown, all commands exit without any message. This also happens if
> command line parameters are passed. So it is not possible to use Task
> Scheduler
> to create backups.
> If same commands are executed from same user account from command prompt
> directly, they run OK.
>
> How to create automatic backups in Windows ?
>
> backups are created in server running Windows XP Prof SP3
> PostgreSql 8.4 server is installed to C: drive and required files are
> copied to separate pg_dump directory

I don't know if you can do that. Why do you need to?

If you reference the original files (c:\program files\... or where-ever
you installed postgres to), does it work through a scheduled task?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/