Re: warm standby with WAL shipping

От Geoffrey
Тема Re: warm standby with WAL shipping
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 19:44 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
>>
>>> pg_standby it self isn't a solution for warm standby. It is a component
>>> thereof. Also don't use SCP. Use rsync. Take a look at walmgr or
>>> PITRTools it will make your life easier.
>> I still don't understand why the pg_standby code is looking for the
>> *.history.  Apparently others have seen this same behavior (according to
>> google), yet I don't see any definitive answer.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/warm-standby.html
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-ARCHIVING-WAL
>
> I think will have what you want.

I have read this documentation, unfortunately a couple of times.  Is the
section '24.3.4 Timelines' referencing these *.history files?

Is there any documentation out there that specifically lays out what the
files are and how they are processed?  Or, is that what I'm looking at
in 24.3.4?

>> It appears the PITRTools use pg_standby binary, thus I'm still confused
>> as to how these files are processed.
>>

> Yes it does use pg_standby. It just wraps everything that is missing for
> warm standby into a single utility.

Looking at the pg_standby.c I have, I don't see a reference to scp or
rsync.  If I use the PITRTools, is there a different version or do I
need to modify this version to use rsync.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin