Re: warm standby with WAL shipping

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: warm standby with WAL shipping
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 19:44 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:

> > pg_standby it self isn't a solution for warm standby. It is a component
> > thereof. Also don't use SCP. Use rsync. Take a look at walmgr or
> > PITRTools it will make your life easier.
>
> I still don't understand why the pg_standby code is looking for the
> *.history.  Apparently others have seen this same behavior (according to
> google), yet I don't see any definitive answer.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/warm-standby.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-ARCHIVING-WAL

I think will have what you want.

> It appears the PITRTools use pg_standby binary, thus I'm still confused
> as to how these files are processed.

Yes it does use pg_standby. It just wraps everything that is missing for
warm standby into a single utility.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Geoffrey
Сообщение: Re: warm standby with WAL shipping