Re: search_path vs extensions

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: search_path vs extensions
Дата
Re: search_path vs extensions  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> I think what this discussion is about is trying to gauge just what
> amount of support we could give someone who insisted on dropping each
> extension into a different schema.  It's not really related to how
> we track which objects belong to which extension.

Really, they're on their own.

Either we drop everything into a standard pg_extensions schema (which is
then programmatically part of the search path, like pg_catalog is) or we
don't install them to any particular schema and leave it up to the DBA
to work out any search_path issues on their own.

Personally, if we're tracking stuff through special dependancies which
pg_dump will be aware of anyway, I don't see why extension objects
should go into a special schema.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.