Re: postgresql on windows98

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: postgresql on windows98
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14/05/2009 13:38, RaviThapliyal wrote:
> Thanks Raymond for the quick reply, but i have certain limitation to this.
>
> I had created a standalone application on postgresql as a backend database
> considering windows xp but now i have learnt that some clients are still
> working on windows 98 OS.
>
> So is there any way out for windows98 to act as a postgres server?

I just checked the FAQs and found this, which confirms my earlier memories:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#What_versions_of_Windows_does_PostgreSQL_run_on.3F

However, as Craig pointed out, you REALLY don't want to trust your data
to a Windows98 machine. An ODBC connection to another box is by far the
safer solution, or else get your clients to upgrade. :-)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie