Re: postgresql on windows98

От RaviThapliyal
Тема Re: postgresql on windows98
Дата
Re: postgresql on windows98  (Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Raymond for the quick reply, but i have certain limitation to this.

I had created a standalone application on postgresql as a backend database
considering windows xp but now i have learnt that some clients are still
working on windows 98 OS.

So is there any way out for windows98 to act as a postgres server?

Thanks
Ravi

On 14/05/2009 13:21, RaviThapliyal wrote:
> Can postgresql be installed on windows 98 OS?
>
> I want to install windows application with postgresql as a backend
> database
> in Windows 98 machine.

AFAIK, no; on Windows it needs an NT-type OS on which to run.

Does cygwin work on Win98? - you might have some luck there, though I
don't know whether newer versions of Windows will run on it; older ones
(<= 7.4) might.

Are you *really* tied to Windows 98? I haven't even *seen* it in
years.... Surely you must have some other options?

Ray.