Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> It is not apparent why the client should be stricter than
>>> that, and definitely not apparent why such strictness should be the
>>> default behavior.
>
>> It's "secure by default".
>
> In my experience ssh itself isn't this strict.  Why should libpq be?
> I think most users will see this as a bug, not as being secure.

ssh prompts the user when this happens. We don't have a mechanism for
prompting the user.

IIRC when you run ssh in a mode where it can't prompt the user, it will
refuse to connect, thus being just as strict as we are.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt
Сообщение: Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt