Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> In my experience ssh itself isn't this strict.  Why should libpq be?

> ssh prompts the user when this happens. We don't have a mechanism for
> prompting the user.

In the first place, I have never seen such a prompt, despite the fact
that I use ssh constantly to connect to machines that I know do not have
properly signed certificates.  If there is such a prompt, it isn't the
default behavior.  In the second place, unconditionally failing isn't a
particularly nice emulation of a prompting behavior.

Perhaps a suitable compromise is to have the failure message include
a hint about how to prevent the failure if you don't want it?

Сообщение: Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt
Сообщение: Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt