Re: Recovery Test Framework

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Recovery Test Framework
Дата
Re: Recovery Test Framework  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
>> Two things to fix this, and several other problems:
>
>> 1.  Remove the messages size limits on -hackers.  They serve no useful
>> purpose, and they interfere with our development process.
>
> Agreed, or at least boost it up a good bit more.

the question really is how much "a bit more" is - right now the limit is   100000 characters which limits us to ~70KB
ofattachments (around the

size of the Hot-standby patch if bzip2 compressed).

The SE-Postgres patch for example is ~650KB uncompressed - if we want to  cope with uncompressed patches that large we
wouldhave to increase

the current limit by a factor of 10 at least.
I wonder if there are people on the list that might not want to receive
mails that large(like users with mobile phones)?

Stefan