Re: PostgreSQL Database freezes during backup then generates drwtsn.exe process

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Database freezes during backup then generates drwtsn.exe process
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ward Eaton wrote:

I’m running PostgreSQL 8.3 on a Windows 2003 machine (pgAgent service is also installed and running).  The system is running as a redundant database server.  Thus, backing up from one machine to another, and transferring over WAL logs.  In the postageSQL log files there are several error messages that read:

‘could not rename file, no such file or directory’

Eventually, postgreSQL ‘freezes’, I’m unable to access the database, and there is no logging.  I find a drwtsn.exe process running under the postgres account in Task Manager.  If I kill the drwtsn PostgreSQL service will stop.  I can then restart it and the database will run as expected for a few days.

From back when I had to use Windows, I recall Dr. Watson as a debugging tool that collects program crash data. But I think that is drwtsn32.exe. It appears that drwtsn.exe is some form of malware - Google for more info. Before proceeding with PostgreSQL troubleshooting, I'd make sure that the machine itself is fully cleansed and checked.

Cheers,
Steve