PostgreSQL Database freezes during backup then generates drwtsn.exe process

От Ward Eaton
Тема PostgreSQL Database freezes during backup then generates drwtsn.exe process
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Database freezes during backup then generates drwtsn.exe process  (Bob Lunney <bob_lunney@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

I’m running PostgreSQL 8.3 on a Windows 2003 machine (pgAgent service is also installed and running).  The system is running as a redundant database server.  Thus, backing up from one machine to another, and transferring over WAL logs.  In the postageSQL log files there are several error messages that read:

‘could not rename file, no such file or directory’

Eventually, postgreSQL ‘freezes’, I’m unable to access the database, and there is no logging.  I find a drwtsn.exe process running under the postgres account in Task Manager.  If I kill the drwtsn PostgreSQL service will stop.  I can then restart it and the database will run as expected for a few days.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?  If so, were you able to find a solution?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Ward Eaton
Project Engineer Automation

RAD-CON Inc.