Re: (Pl/SQL) Obtaining field names from record 'variable'

От =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Elvis_Henr=EDquez?=
Тема Re: (Pl/SQL) Obtaining field names from record 'variable'
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi. You could do a query to the system catalogs (pg_attribute, for example) with your table name as the search criteria and the field names as the data; loop through that data to create your query in a string variable, and then EXECUTE it. While you are "looping" through the results of the system catalog query, you can apply all the text functions available, so you can split the field names, join them, etc.

I have done some similar queries. It's pretty simple.

Hope it helped.

Elvis.