(Pl/SQL) Obtaining field names from record 'variable'

От Allan Kamau
Тема (Pl/SQL) Obtaining field names from record 'variable'
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
I am writing a PL/SQL script to process data from a high dimensionality table where this table has most of it's field
namesencapsulating data. I would like to automatically loop through the fields of a  RECORD variable (returned from a
cursor)obtaining the field name and the field value.
For example my table is listed below (briefly)

create table my_table
(
id int not null-- default nextval(('my_table_seq'::text)::regclass)
,some_explanation varchar(20) not null
,D30 varchar(100) null
,W32 varchar(100) null
,C33 varchar(100) null
,V7 varchar(100) null
,...
)
;

The field name W32 consists of 'W' which is data I need and '32' which is data I also need along with the actual record
valuecontained in this field.

Allan.

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Сообщение: Re: Dangerous hint in the PostgreSQL manual
Сообщение: Re: Dangerous hint in the PostgreSQL manual