Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> writes:
>> I'll try your approash in first, as follows:
>
> This seems a vast amount of uglification to avoid adding an argument to
> CreateTemplateTupleDesc.  We do that kind of thing all the time --- it
> is a simple and reliable change to make.
>
> When designing a patch, you should generally try to make the code look
> like the patch has been there all along.  Contorting logic to avoid
> a simple API change is not good.

Hmm..., I think your opinion is right, indeed.

In my conclusion, I want to postpone the feature to toggle row-level
access controls due to its scale of changes.

I can understand the requirements for reduction of storage consumption
with security attribute. I'll implement it next to the main feature of
SE-PostgreSQL.

Simon,
I'm sorry, if my expression felt you uncomfortable.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>