Re: toast by chunk-end (was Re: PG_PAGE_LAYOUT_VERSION 5 - time for change)

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: toast by chunk-end (was Re: PG_PAGE_LAYOUT_VERSION 5 - time for change)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas napsal(a):
> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> Just a very quick look on your patch. See my comments:

>> 2) PG_PAGE_LAYOUT_VERSION should be bump
>
> The patch doesn't change the page layout AFAICS.

It is good question what is and what is not page layout. I think that toast
implementation is a member of page layout. OK it is called page layout but
better name should be On Disk Format (ODF). You will not able to read 8.3
toasted table in 8.4.
    Zdenek