Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)
Дата
Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> writes:
> I'll try your approash in first, as follows:

This seems a vast amount of uglification to avoid adding an argument to
CreateTemplateTupleDesc.  We do that kind of thing all the time --- it
is a simple and reliable change to make.

When designing a patch, you should generally try to make the code look
like the patch has been there all along.  Contorting logic to avoid
a simple API change is not good.