Re: Any reason to have heap_(de)formtuple?

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: Any reason to have heap_(de)formtuple?
Дата
Re: Any reason to have heap_(de)formtuple?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane napsal(a):
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
>> Currently in heaptuple.c we have duplicated code.  heap_deformtuple and
>> heap_formtuple are mark as a obsolete interface. Is any reason to have still
>> them? I know that they are still used on many places, but is there any stopper
>> to keep these function alive?
>
> Well, aside from the gruntwork needed to convert all the core code that
> still uses the old APIs, there's the prospect of breaking extension
> modules that still use the old APIs.  It's kind of annoying to have two
> copies of that code, but less annoying than removing it would be ...

What's about convert null array to boolean and call heap_form_tuple?
    Zdenek

--
Zdenek Kotala              Sun Microsystems
Prague, Czech Republic     http://sun.com/postgresql