Re: Any reason to have heap_(de)formtuple?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Any reason to have heap_(de)formtuple?
Дата
Re: Any reason to have heap_(de)formtuple?  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> Currently in heaptuple.c we have duplicated code.  heap_deformtuple and
> heap_formtuple are mark as a obsolete interface. Is any reason to have still
> them? I know that they are still used on many places, but is there any stopper
> to keep these function alive?

Well, aside from the gruntwork needed to convert all the core code that
still uses the old APIs, there's the prospect of breaking extension
modules that still use the old APIs.  It's kind of annoying to have two
copies of that code, but less annoying than removing it would be ...

Сообщение: Re: Unicode escapes in literals
Сообщение: Re: Unicode escapes in literals