Re: spoonbill is failing citext test

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: spoonbill is failing citext test
Дата
Re: spoonbill is failing citext test  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: spoonbill is failing citext test  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Maybe we should pass -a to diff so that it displays the difference even
>> if it thinks the file is binary.
>
> Unfortunately not portable:
>
> $ /usr/bin/diff -a foo bar
> /usr/bin/diff: illegal option -- a
>         usage: diff [ -C n ] [ -S name ] [ -bcefhilnrstw ] dir1 dir2
>                 diff [-C n ] [ -bcefhintw ] file1 file2
>                 diff [ -D string ] [ -biw ] file1 file2
>
> Perhaps Stefan can run the test manually and get us a readable diff.

well what we are looking at here are actually two issues - one is the
regression failure - diff -a produces:

http://www.kaltenbrunner.cc/files/citext.diff.txt

the other problem is that each of those failures leaves spoonbill with a  running postgresql instance that causes a
followup failure with the

next buildfarm run because there is not enough shared memory left for
another instance ...

Stefan