Re: Upgrade in same major version

От Evan Rempel
Тема Re: Upgrade in same major version
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
What this means is that you do not have to "update" the data repository (wherever your
postgresql database is stored). All that needs to be done is to uninstall the old version,
and install the new version. Start the new version and use the data where it sits.

Now, that all sound fine when I say it fast. There are a number of precautions that
you may prefer to take, and the steps may differ significantly depending on your system.

1. Probably take a complete backup of your database should something go wrong.
2. Ensure that you have a way to "get back" to the previous version, or have
      a very reliable way to move forward, such as taking a pgdump that can be loaded
      back into the database, nearly regardless of version.
3. Your uninstall may be a package management step such as rpm, or you may
      just delete the files if your install was done from source.
4. Your install may be a package management step such as rpm, or you may
      require a "sudo make install" if your install was done from source.

I hope this points you in mostly the right direction without begin to long
winded.

Evan.