Re: Problem with reinstall of PostgreSQL 8.3

От Rommel the iCeMAn
Тема Re: Problem with reinstall of PostgreSQL 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,<br /><br /> This happened to me before and the problem was with the 'postgres' Windows account that was created
duringthe first install. If you don't specify a password for this account, the installer will choose a very hard to
guess,hard to remember password :-). I logged in as an administrator and removed the postgres user account and let the
installerre-create it. You also have the option of manually setting the password for this account, then telling the
installerwhat that password is.<br /><br /> I don't know if your problem is the same as the one I experienced, but I
cite="mid:BLU111-W15D80995F56821751E7C14DC6E0@phx.gbl"type="cite"><style>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
uninstalledit by executing the .msi file again. My intention was to reinstall from scratch, and unfortunately during
thereinstall I am getting a error <br />  <br /> 'Invalid username specified: logon failure: unknown user name or bad
withWindows®. <a href="http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588797/direct/01/" moz-do-not-send="true" target="_new">Make your
smashhit</a></blockquote>