Re: 2 PGSQL instances in the same server

От Lou Picciano
Тема Re: 2 PGSQL instances in the same server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ramiro,

Yes, this will pose no problem.  We do it commonly.  You can simply install your v9.0 server, as Szymon has suggested, on another port to effect your testing.  Be sure you've set up a 9.0-compatible cluster of course; you can't share data.

Lou Picciano

----- Original Message -----
From: "Szymon Guz" <mabewlun@gmail.com>
To: "Ramiro Barreca" <rbarreca@gmail.com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin" <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 4, 2010 11:50:07 AM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] 2 PGSQL instances in the same server

On 4 November 2010 16:13, Ramiro Barreca <rbarreca@gmail.com> wrote:
We need to have, for migration, either an instance of our actual PG 8.4.4 and a new one of PG 9.0 for testing.
Where can we found a paper for helping us?
Our platform is Centos 5.4 x86 64 bits
--
Ramiro Barreca
rbarreca@gmail.com

I think there is no paper on that, that's just too simple. Install another database, run it on another port (that needs changing one value in the postgresql.conf).

regards
Szymon