Re: Connecting from xp to linux server

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: Connecting from xp to linux server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Simone Gadenz wrote:
> Shane,
>
> I attached the pg_hba.conf I have on the server. I can use pgadmin3 when
> I connect from the server itself, so I think the pg_hba on the server is
> correct.
>
>  From the client machine I cannot connect through pgadmin3. Is there
> another way to test connection client server? Has pg a textual client to
> send sql statements?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Simone

# connections for all the pcs on the subnet
#
# TYPE    DATABASE    USER    IP-ADDRESS    IP-MASK METHOD
host    all             all     192.168.148.0   255.255.255.0
host    all             all     192.168.159.0   255.255.255.0

try adding the method to the end of these lines.

# METHOD can be "trust", "reject", "md5", "crypt", "password", "gss",
"sspi",
# "krb5", "ident", "pam" or "ldap".  Note that "password" sends passwords
# in clear text; "md5" is preferred since it sends encrypted passwords.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz