Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10

От Robert Lor
Тема Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
There are a couple of options you can take to accomplish this.

1) Remove the role by running ¨roledel postgres¨ . This will remove
postgres from /etc/passwd and /etc/user_attr, and you can use useradd to
add postgres as a user.

2) Modify ¨postgres¨ from being a role to user. Below are the steps I use:

    a) run ¨passwd -d postgres¨
    b) edit /etc/user_attr and change type for ¨postgres¨  from ¨role¨
to ¨user¨
    c) create a home dir for postgres if needed
    d) use the usermod command to change the home dir and shell

-Robert

Jignesh K. Shah wrote:
> I guess what you mean is to remove the "role" postgres so that you can
> redefine it as a normal user and not remove the binaries that are
> installed with Postgres as they can be overridden by having right PATH
> variables
>
> Its easy... Modify /etc/user_attr and remove type=role from the
> postgres line and modify /etc/passwd to set a home path and change
> default shell to /bin/sh or /bin/bash and set password for it.. and
> now you have a normal user..
> Is this what you are trying to do?
>
> -Jignesh
>

> Thomas Bräutigam wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have a software solution with a postgres database. The user
>> postgres is abolutly needed for my software.
>>
>> With Solaris 10, Postgres is automatically installed and uses the
>> user postgres. How can I easily remove the current postgres install
>> from this Solaris 10? Is there a process which is provided from
>> Solaris to remove it? Whats the best way to do it?
>>
>> Thank you for your help.
>>
>> Cheers Thomas
>> **

Сообщение: Re: 8.1.8 autovacuum missing databases
Сообщение: Re: 8.1.8 autovacuum missing databases