Re: How to reindex when unable to open relation?

От Darren Reed
Тема Re: How to reindex when unable to open relation?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Shoaib Mir wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Darren Reed
> <darrenr+postgres@fastmail.net <mailto:darrenr+postgres@fastmail.net>>
> wrote:
>
>     Inserts into my table started generating an error message (see below),
>     and there was a log message that suggested I reindex.
>
>     postgres seems to start and stop ok, but no operations on the tables
>     seem to work.
>
>     l# /usr/pkg/bin/pg_dump -s -U postgres
>     pg_dump: failed sanity check, parent table OID 16401 of pg_rewrite
>     entry
>     OID 16403 not found
>
>     Is this recoverable without using a backup?
>

> Looks like to me corrupted system catalog!
>
> I guess when you dropped the table it didn't delete the record from
> pg_rewrite was not deleted when the parent table was dropped. So you
> can try doing something:

I didn't drop the table!

This happened amidst a script doing inserts!

postgres=# delete from pg_rewrite where oid = 16403;
DELETE 1
postgres=# \q
firewall# !?stop
/etc/rc.d/postgres stop
waiting for server to shut down.... done
server stopped
firewall# /etc/rc.d/postgres start
server starting
firewall# /usr/pkg/bin/psql -U postgres
psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.

Hmmm, from the logfile, signal 11, so it core dumped...
Of course the default built binary is -O2...
(gdb) where
#0  0x082114b8 in RelationCacheInitializePhase2 ()
#1  0x0821fa67 in InitPostgres ()
#2  0x081a7d8b in PostgresMain ()
#3  0x08184882 in ServerLoop ()
#4  0x0818545c in PostmasterMain ()
#5  0x0814be1f in main ()

Darren

LOG:  received smart shutdown request
LOG:  shutting down
LOG:  database system is shut down
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2008-02-25 22:42:13 PST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/FB17328
LOG:  redo record is at 1/FB17328; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/1348963; next OID: 16544
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  server process (PID 21040) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2008-02-25 22:42:16 PST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/FB17328
LOG:  redo record is at 1/FB17328; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/1348963; next OID: 16544
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  record with zero length at 1/FB17370
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  server process (PID 26412) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2008-02-25 22:42:22 PST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/FB17370
LOG:  redo record is at 1/FB17370; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/1348963; next OID: 16544
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  record with zero length at 1/FB173B8
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready