Re: [pgtranslation-translators] Opinions about wording of error messages for bug #3883?

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: [pgtranslation-translators] Opinions about wording of error messages for bug #3883?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
>
>>> I suggest
>>>     cannot execute \"%s\" on \"%s\" because ...
>> Hmm, why not just
>>
>>     cannot execute %s \"%s\" because ...
>>
>> ?
>
> Hmm, yeah, that seems fine too.  Thinking more about it, from the POV of
> the translator probably the three forms are the same because he has all
> the elements to construct the phrase however he sees fit.

Alvarro's sentence seems better to me. Anyways, I have no problem with
such a change this near of a release. As Alvarro said, if the
translation of this sentence is not available for 8.3, it can be for
8.3.1. That's not such a big deal.

And thanks for asking translators' opinion on this, I really appreciate.

Regards.

--
Guillaume. http://www.postgresqlfr.org http://dalibo.com