Re: Enhancement request

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Enhancement request
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> I am curious however, as to what the future vision of autovacuum is.
> Will it be so efficient that it won't impact all but the busiest tables?
> Will it be able to figure out the best time to vacuum on its own?

I believe maintenance windows are on the horizon. Of course it seems
that instead of focusing on that, we should just put in a generic job
manager.

> Will it stop itself mid-run if the need arises?

Man I would love this one... coupled with a just enough vacuum. E.g; it
calculates a percentage it needs to vacuum, and only vacuums that much.
Leaving dead tuples behind.

Joshua D. Drake