Re: Antw: Re: 8.3beta2 fails to compile on Centos5 x86_64

От Marcel Gsteiger
Тема Re: Antw: Re: 8.3beta2 fails to compile on Centos5 x86_64
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
>>> Do you have glibc-devel installed?  It sounds like you might be missing
>>> /usr/lib64/libpthread.so, which is in that RPM.  However, we do
>>> BuildRequire glibc-devel, so I'm not sure how you managed to try to
>>> build the RPM without it.

>> glibc-devel-2.5-12 is installed, /usr/lib64/libpthread.so exists. This
>> is a very basic CentOS 5 x86_64 install from DVD, 'yum update'
>> afterwards. I only installed the packages that were in the
>> BuildRequire list of the SRPM.

>Hmm.  I suspect either we're short a BuildRequire or two, or you missed
>something that's considered part of the standard minimum build
>environment.  The "exceptions" list on this page shows what Red Hat
>considers the core set of packages that needn't be BuildRequire'd:

>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions

>However, none of those look particularly likely to result in the
>failure you're seeing here :-(.  Could you send along the config.log
>output?

Thanks for your tip. In fact, my "basic packages, customize later"-type install from DVD did not install the following
packagesfrom the mentioned list:

gcc-c++
libstdc++-devel
redhat-rpm-config

After I have installed these, everything now works perfectly.

regards
--Marcel

Сообщение: Re: Antw: Re: 8.3beta2 fails to compile on Centos5 x86_64
Сообщение: Re: Antw: Re: 8.3beta2 fails to compile on Centos5 x86_64