Re: Antw: Re: 8.3beta2 fails to compile on Centos5 x86_64

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Antw: Re: 8.3beta2 fails to compile on Centos5 x86_64
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
"Marcel Gsteiger" <Marcel.Gsteiger@milprog.ch> writes:
>> Do you have glibc-devel installed?  It sounds like you might be missing
>> /usr/lib64/libpthread.so, which is in that RPM.  However, we do
>> BuildRequire glibc-devel, so I'm not sure how you managed to try to
>> build the RPM without it.

> glibc-devel-2.5-12 is installed, /usr/lib64/libpthread.so exists. This
> is a very basic CentOS 5 x86_64 install from DVD, 'yum update'
> afterwards. I only installed the packages that were in the
> BuildRequire list of the SRPM.

Hmm.  I suspect either we're short a BuildRequire or two, or you missed
something that's considered part of the standard minimum build
environment.  The "exceptions" list on this page shows what Red Hat
considers the core set of packages that needn't be BuildRequire'd:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions

However, none of those look particularly likely to result in the
failure you're seeing here :-(.  Could you send along the config.log
output?