Re: Antw: Re: 8.3beta2 fails to compile on Centos5 x86_64

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Antw: Re: 8.3beta2 fails to compile on Centos5 x86_64
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
"Marcel Gsteiger" <Marcel.Gsteiger@milprog.ch> writes:
>> Hmm.  I suspect either we're short a BuildRequire or two, or you missed
>> something that's considered part of the standard minimum build
>> environment.  The "exceptions" list on this page shows what Red Hat
>> considers the core set of packages that needn't be BuildRequire'd:

>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions

>> However, none of those look particularly likely to result in the
>> failure you're seeing here :-(.  Could you send along the config.log
>> output?

> Thanks for your tip. In fact, my "basic packages, customize later"-type install from DVD did not install the
followingpackages from the mentioned list:

> gcc-c++
> libstdc++-devel
> redhat-rpm-config

> After I have installed these, everything now works perfectly.

Interesting.  We don't do any C++ stuff, so I would hope that the first
two of those are irrelevant.  redhat-rpm-config, however, might well be
relevant.  I remember Devrim running into an odd build failure on a
machine where it wasn't installed.

I wonder if it'd be worth explicitly BuildRequire'ing redhat-rpm-config
in the PGDG SRPM?  I don't feel the need to do it in Fedora/RHEL,
because as mentioned there's an explicit policy not to for those
projects.  But it seems the PGDG RPMs get rebuilt in a rather wider
variety of environments.

От: "Marcel Gsteiger"
Сообщение: Re: Antw: Re: 8.3beta2 fails to compile on Centos5 x86_64
От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: [Pgsqlrpms-hackers] Antw: Re: 8.3beta2 fails to compile on Centos5 x86_64