Re: Problem with PITR Past Particular WAL File

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: Problem with PITR Past Particular WAL File
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>> #0  0x080b8ee0 in entrySplitPage ()
>> #1  0x080baccf in ginInsertValue ()
Corrupted stack? gin_xlog_cleanup() doesn't call ginInsertValue() directly.

>> #2  0x080b81b7 in gin_xlog_cleanup ()
>> #3  0x080af4ce in StartupXLOG ()
>> #4  0x080c04ca in BootstrapMain ()
>> #5  0x08186b2f in StartChildProcess ()
>> #6  0x081889eb in PostmasterMain ()
>> #7  0x0814ee9e in main ()

> Teodor, can you comment on whether this stack trace looks like it could
> be related to that fix?
No, I suppose. That changes was about deadlock prevention, recognize splits and
fixes in deletion of page in a posting tree. entrySplitPage() is a split of page
of indexed values.

Hmm. I suppose, I found a reason. Real backtrace should look like:
  gin_xlog_cleanup()
    ginContinueSplit()
        prepareEntryScan(,,,NULL) // makes btree.ginstate = NULL
        ginInsertValue()
            entrySplitPage() // tries to access
                     // btree->ginstate->tupdesc in
                     // 497 line

That piece of code:
     value = index_getattr(leftrightmost, FirstOffsetNumber,
btree->ginstate->tupdesc, &isnull);
     btree->entry = GinFormTuple(btree->ginstate, value, NULL, 0);
     ItemPointerSet(&(btree->entry)->t_tid, BufferGetBlockNumber(lbuf),
InvalidOffsetNumber);

It just makes new tuple with the same value and another ItemPointer. Some later
I'll make a patch which will not call index_getattr() and GinFormTuple() - now I
know how make a test suite.

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Problem with PITR Past Particular WAL File
От: smiley2211
Сообщение: Database Restore - time of last occurrence