Re: Ready for beta2?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Ready for beta2?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm also not totally clear on whether we are happy with the Windows
> locale situation yet.  Comments from the Win32 contingent?

I'm happy that UTF-8 support is now working again, but not happy that
initdb and pg_control will report (for example) "English_United
Kingdom.1252" despite my cluster being in UTF-8, not WIN1252. It seems
that's always been the case though, just that noone pointed it out before.

From chatting with Magnus, I believe he'd support losing the .1252 or
leaving it as is, where I'd rather rewrite it to .65001 (which he does
not support).

This is a cosmetic issue of course.

/D