Re: Ready for beta2?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Ready for beta2?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 08:59:07AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'm also not totally clear on whether we are happy with the Windows
> > locale situation yet.  Comments from the Win32 contingent?
>
> I'm happy that UTF-8 support is now working again, but not happy that
> initdb and pg_control will report (for example) "English_United
> Kingdom.1252" despite my cluster being in UTF-8, not WIN1252. It seems
> that's always been the case though, just that noone pointed it out before.

Bah, Dave beat me to it by a minute or two. But yes, that's the one thing
that I can see is still there. And yes, it's always been that way.

> From chatting with Magnus, I believe he'd support losing the .1252 or
> leaving it as is, where I'd rather rewrite it to .65001 (which he does
> not support).

I'm not against stripping the .1252 part, but I don't know what the clean
way to do that is, unless we want to drop it for all locales (which may or
may not be a good thing).

I specifically don't support rewriting it to .65001, becase that will
generate a locale name that's not valid. The same argument about clean way
applies here :-)

> This is a cosmetic issue of course.

Agreed.

//Magnus