Re: Ready for beta2?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Ready for beta2?
Дата
Re: Ready for beta2?  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
Re: Ready for beta2?  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Nothing motivates people to test more than moving toward RC1.  ;-)

> Getting Beta2 out is vital to actually getting people to test there are
> known issues and changes with Beta1 that have made it pretty much a
> useless Beta.

Agreed --- at this point we know we've forced initdb, plus there are
those known locale issues on Windows, so it's a bit hard to ask someone
to install beta1 if they haven't already.  I think what we need to do
next is get to closure on the open issues and get a beta2 out ASAP.

I've posted notes over the past few days about half a dozen relatively-
minor-but-none-the-less-initdb-forcing issues in tsearch.  We have to
either fix those or decide we're not going to fix them.  I'm a bit
annoyed that Oleg and Teodor haven't responded to any of those comments.

I'm also not totally clear on whether we are happy with the Windows
locale situation yet.  Comments from the Win32 contingent?

Can anyone think of any other issues that should be considered beta2
stoppers?  (No, the contrib documentation isn't one...)