Re: Postgres and SUN

От Thomas Bräutigam
Тема Re: Postgres and SUN
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Robert

What do you think about the SUN T5120 or T5220 with a Postgres Database?

Cheers Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert.Lor@Sun.COM [mailto:Robert.Lor@Sun.COM]
Sent: Donnerstag, 3. April 2008 19:28
To: Thomas Bräutigam
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org; Jignesh K. Shah
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Postgres and SUN

Thomas,

Thomas Bräutigam wrote:
> Hi Zmi,
>
> Okay thanks for that advice. Sorry its my first day on a mailing list.
>
> But do Postgres have a special recommendation which SUN equipment runs perfect with a Postgres Database?
>
> A time for a query over 30 seconds I would say is to long. So the machine should be fast enough to handle it in 10-20
Seconds.Price for the Machine doesn't matter at all. The machine should just fit and can handle this kinda huge
database.

Sun has published a benchmark on the Sun Fire T2000 Server and the results are published here
http://www.spec.org/jAppServer2004/results/res2007q3/jAppServer2004-20070703-00073.html

Jignesh has also done tests on the following AMD and Intel systems, and I believe the results were quite good.

http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/x4200/
http://www.sun.com/servers/x64/x4450/

Regards,
-Robert

От: "Duan Ligong"
Сообщение: Re: store different tables in different locations
От: Julius Tuskenis
Сообщение: Re: store different tables in different locations