Re: Moving database install to new SAN

От Andrzej Zawadzki
Тема Re: Moving database install to new SAN
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Użytkownik Tino Schwarze napisał:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 01:15:34PM -0700, Abu Mushayeed wrote:
>
>>   Can someone help me with moving a postgres database install to a new
>>   SAN disks. We are getting a new set of faster disk, I would like to
>>   find out is there a way, without reinstall to move existing database
>>   and data to the new disks with minimal downtime.
>
> If you cannot move online with some SAN tools, you may simply
>
> 1. stop postgres
Not yet...

> 2. copy whole data directory over to new SAN
If database is big, then I think that is much faster to copy running
database
to new SAN.
Then stop postgres and rsync what was changed - but this will be probably
only a few files.

> 3. start postgres with new data directory

Minimal downtime I think.

Best regards

--
Andrzej Zawadzki

От: Tino Schwarze
Сообщение: Re: Moving database install to new SAN
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: tar, but not gnu tar