Re: Moving database install to new SAN

От Tino Schwarze
Тема Re: Moving database install to new SAN
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 01:15:34PM -0700, Abu Mushayeed wrote:

>   Can someone help me with moving a postgres database install to a new
>   SAN disks. We are getting a new set of faster disk, I would like to
>   find out is there a way, without reinstall to move existing database
>   and data to the new disks with minimal downtime.

If you cannot move online with some SAN tools, you may simply

1. stop postgres
2. copy whole data directory over to new SAN
3. start postgres with new data directory

Nothing tricky there.

What size is you db space? What OS are you running PostgreSQL on?

Tino.

--
www.spiritualdesign-chemnitz.de
www.lebensraum11.de

Tino Schwarze * Parkstraße 17h * 09120 Chemnitz