Re: Moved postgres, now won't start

От Madison Kelly
Тема Re: Moved postgres, now won't start
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> I think that's the first actual file access that happens during the
> connect sequence (everything before that is done with in-memory caches
> in the postmaster).  So what I'm wondering is whether you *really* shut
> down and restarted the postmaster, or whether you are trying to connect
> to the same old postmaster process that has now had all its files
> deleted out from under it.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thank you for your reply!

Before the move;

# /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 status
Version Cluster   Port Status Owner    Data directory
   Log file
8.1     main      5432 online postgres /var/lib/postgresql/8.1/main
   /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.1-main.log
# /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 stop
Stopping PostgreSQL 8.1 database server: main.
nicole:/etc/postgresql/8.1/main# /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 status
Version Cluster   Port Status Owner    Data directory
   Log file
8.1     main      5432 down   postgres /var/lib/postgresql/8.1/main
   /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.1-main.log

I hope that doesn't get too mangled. Unless I am misunderstanding
"stop", then I think it was stopped. I made the move/symlinks mentioned
in my first post, then restarted.

For double certainty, I switched to the slave node after shutting down
postgres on the master node and doubled checked that it was still 'down'
as well.

Madison

Сообщение: Re: Moved postgres, now won't start
Сообщение: Re: Moved postgres, now won't start