Re: Moved postgres, now won't start

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Moved postgres, now won't start
Дата
Re: Moved postgres, now won't start  (Madison Kelly <linux@alteeve.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Madison Kelly <linux@alteeve.com> writes:
>    I've created a small 2-node (Debian Etch, PgSQL8.1) cluster using a
> (shared) DRBD8 partition formatted as ext3 running in Primary/Secondary
> mode.

>    I shut down postgresql-8.1, moved '/etc/postgresql' and
> '/etc/postgres-commin' to '/ha/etc' (where '/ha' is the DRBD partitions
> mount point). Then I created symlinks to the directories under '/ha' and
> then restarted PostgreSQL. Everything *seemed* okay, until I tried to
> connect to a database (ie: 'template1' as 'postgres'). Then I get the error:

> $ psql template1
> psql: FATAL:  could not open file "global/pg_database": No such file or
> directory

I think that's the first actual file access that happens during the
connect sequence (everything before that is done with in-memory caches
in the postmaster).  So what I'm wondering is whether you *really* shut
down and restarted the postmaster, or whether you are trying to connect
to the same old postmaster process that has now had all its files
deleted out from under it.