Moved postgres, now won't start

От Madison Kelly
Тема Moved postgres, now won't start
Дата
Re: Moved postgres, now won't start  (Zoltan Boszormenyi <zb@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

   I've created a small 2-node (Debian Etch, PgSQL8.1) cluster using a
(shared) DRBD8 partition formatted as ext3 running in Primary/Secondary
mode.

   I shut down postgresql-8.1, moved '/etc/postgresql' and
'/etc/postgres-commin' to '/ha/etc' (where '/ha' is the DRBD partitions
mount point). Then I created symlinks to the directories under '/ha' and
then restarted PostgreSQL. Everything *seemed* okay, until I tried to
connect to a database (ie: 'template1' as 'postgres'). Then I get the error:

$ psql template1
psql: FATAL:  could not open file "global/pg_database": No such file or
directory

   When I tried connecting to another DB as a user with a (md5) password
it recognizes if the password is right or not. Also, the file:

# cat /var/lib/postgresql/8.1/main/global/pg_database
"postgres" 10793 1663 499 499
"template1" 1 1663 499 499
"template0" 10792 1663 499 499

   Exists, and is readable as you can see.

   Any idea what's wrong? Does it not like that '/var/lib/postgres ->
'/ha/var/lib/postgres'?

   Thanks!

Madison