Re: Postgres 8.2 binary for ubuntu 6.10?

От Jan Muszynski
Тема Re: Postgres 8.2 binary for ubuntu 6.10?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10 Jul 2007 at 9:13, Hannes Dorbath wrote:

On 10.07.2007 03:09, novnov wrote:
> I have postgres 8.1 installed on ubuntu 6.10 via synapic package manager. I
> would like to install 8.2, but it's not offered in the list. I think 8.2 is
> offered on 7.x ubuntu, and I wonder if 8.2 will be offered on 6.10? Probably
> the recommondation will be to compile 8.2 on 6.10, but I've only used binary
> installations on linux and am not eager to open up another can of worms.

Use ubuntu backports. Add:

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-backports main restricted
universe multiverse

to /etc/apt/sources.list (by using sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list)

The newer postgres versions will be available (I think 8.2.4 is there at
the moment). For more info check out the ubuntu backports forum at:
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47

HTH