Re: postgressqlnot support inwindows 2000

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: postgressqlnot support inwindows 2000
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:

>> siva prakash wrote:
>>> if i run the setup choose language then go to next button it shows error
>>> *"Failed to create process: 2!*
>> Please don't remove the mailinglist from the CC list, so others can
>> learn from the answers.
>>
>> The error you get indicates that your windows installation is broken. At
>> that point it tries to execute "msiexec" which is a part of windows
>> installer and a core piece of windows that's not working. You need to
>> make sure that it works properly before you can install PostgreSQL.
>
> Unless I'm misreading it errors when the Next Button is clicked on the language dialog, which means msiexec has
alreadyrun once.

Yes, but it was not necessarily launched as "msiexec". If the file was
just double-clicked on, the path to msiexec will be fetched from the
registry and not the system PATH. That's the only explanation I can find.

> Siva; did you extract both msi files from the zip file before running the installer?

That gives a different error message - it starts msiexec and then
msiexec is the one that complains. This error indicates that it can't
even find msiexec.exe to run.

//Magnus