Re: postgressqlnot support inwindows 2000

От Dave Page
Тема Re: postgressqlnot support inwindows 2000
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Yes, but it was not necessarily launched as "msiexec". If the file was
> just double-clicked on, the path to msiexec will be fetched from the
> registry and not the system PATH. That's the only explanation I can find.

Not being installed on Windows 2000 is possible iirc - but breaking the
path and/or renaming the .exe (and then updating the registry to match)
seems like some really contrived breakage!!

>> Siva; did you extract both msi files from the zip file before running the installer?
>
> That gives a different error message - it starts msiexec and then
> msiexec is the one that complains. This error indicates that it can't
> even find msiexec.exe to run.

So it does. I'm sure I've seen that one before though; can't remember
where...

/D