Re: 8.3 and 8.4 feature list

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: 8.3 and 8.4 feature list
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Abraham, Danny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am  migrating from Sybase to Postgres.
>
> trying to get a hold on the issue of future releases feature list.
>
> 1. Where can I find the feature list for 8.3 ? When is it expected?

The roadmap currently shows 8.3 releasing sometime this summer. At this
time, you should expect fall.

> 2. And for 8.4?

Our typical release cycle is 12-18 months.

> 3. Who is the guy to ask about a feature like "startup migrate" in ORACLE?

There is no "guy", what does the feature do? A little googling appears
to say that it migrates from 1 oracle version to another? PostgreSQL
does not support this feature.

You could of course sponsor development of the feature.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/