Re: pgadmin4 and Python3

От Дмитрий Воронин
Тема Re: pgadmin4 and Python3
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
11.06.2016, 20:24, "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>:

>>  I want run padmin4 as desktop application. So, I compled runtime part and run it. Pgadmin4 tell me to enter Python
Binpath and application path. I entered it, but it is not helpful for me.

>>  I sucessfully run pgadmin4 as web applicaion by confiugre and install requirements for Python3.
>>  Can you tell me how run pgadmin4 as desktop application more in details please?
>
> The runtime will search for pgAdmin4.py in various places that it
> expects it might find it (for example, where it would be in a Mac
> Appbundle, a Windows installation or a development tree). If you have
> it somewhere else, you can enter the directory containing pgAdmin4.py
> in the configuration (don't include the filename, just the directory
> path). This is done in Server::Init() in Server.cpp of the runtime if
> you want to look at the logic.
>
> The runtime will also do a search (albeit much smaller) for a Python
> virtual environment containing the Python dependencies for the app. If
> needed, you can set this to the site-packages directory within the
> virtual environment which will allow the runtime to find all the
> dependencies; for example, on my machine that would be
> /Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/. This
> is handled in Server::Server(quint16 port) in Server.cpp of the
> runtime.

Ok, I try running pgadmin4 application on Ubuntu 15.10. I extract sources of padmin4 to /home/developer/pgadmin4.
Next, I create python virtual environment located at /home/developer/pgadmin4/venv and set all requirements from
requirements_py3.txt.
Try to run application as web:

/home/developer/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3.4 /home/developer/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py

It's works fine.

Next, I build runtime part with Qt5, set Python path as

/home/developer/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3.4;/home/developer/pgadmin4/venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages

and application path as

/home/developer/pgadmin4/web/

But it's not work: Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting.

What I am doing wrong?

--
Best regards, Dmitry Voronin