Re: pgadmin4 and Python3

От Neel Patel
Тема Re: pgadmin4 and Python3
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

As you said, PYTHONPATH is set but from the error it looks like application is not able to get the python path.
Can you please export the PYTHONPATH variable to "/home/developer/pgadmin4/venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages" and run the application from where the path is exported.

e.g.
export PYTHONPATH=/home/developer/pgadmin4/venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages

Let us know the output.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Дмитрий Воронин <carriingfate92@yandex.ru> wrote:
11.06.2016, 20:24, "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>:

>>  I want run padmin4 as desktop application. So, I compled runtime part and run it. Pgadmin4 tell me to enter Python Bin path and application path. I entered it, but it is not helpful for me.
>>  I sucessfully run pgadmin4 as web applicaion by confiugre and install requirements for Python3.
>>  Can you tell me how run pgadmin4 as desktop application more in details please?
>
> The runtime will search for pgAdmin4.py in various places that it
> expects it might find it (for example, where it would be in a Mac
> Appbundle, a Windows installation or a development tree). If you have
> it somewhere else, you can enter the directory containing pgAdmin4.py
> in the configuration (don't include the filename, just the directory
> path). This is done in Server::Init() in Server.cpp of the runtime if
> you want to look at the logic.
>
> The runtime will also do a search (albeit much smaller) for a Python
> virtual environment containing the Python dependencies for the app. If
> needed, you can set this to the site-packages directory within the
> virtual environment which will allow the runtime to find all the
> dependencies; for example, on my machine that would be
> /Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/. This
> is handled in Server::Server(quint16 port) in Server.cpp of the
> runtime.

Ok, I try running pgadmin4 application on Ubuntu 15.10. I extract sources of padmin4 to /home/developer/pgadmin4.
Next, I create python virtual environment located at /home/developer/pgadmin4/venv and set all requirements from requirements_py3.txt.
Try to run application as web:

/home/developer/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3.4 /home/developer/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py

It's works fine.

Next, I build runtime part with Qt5, set Python path as

/home/developer/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3.4;/home/developer/pgadmin4/venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages

and application path as

/home/developer/pgadmin4/web/

But it's not work: Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting.

What I am doing wrong?

--
Best regards, Dmitry Voronin