Re: yum update now gives me UNICODE errors

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: yum update now gives me UNICODE errors
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn@ringways.co.uk> writes:
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xa3

> The problem is the � (pound sterling) sign, but I never had any problems prior
> to the update.

Postgres didn't use to be quite as picky about the encoding as it is
now.  What you are sending it is not UTF-8, and you can no longer
get away with pretending that it is.  It looks like you're probably
using Latin1 (ISO 8859-1) or something related.  Assuming that that's
what's really in your database, what I'd do is
    - dump the database
    - edit the SET client_encoding command at the head of the dump
      file to say the correct encoding
    - initdb in the correct locale (one using your encoding,
      not utf8)
    - reload data